AnoDye Deep Black MLW is an industrial standardised water soluble dye extensively used in the chemical adsorptive dyeing process of anodised aluminium. AnoDye Deep Black MLW provides a highly stable external jet black colour at standard coating thickness. For optimum results needs an anodic coating thickness of at least 12 µm to achieve jet black colour with a lightfastness of >9.
|Chemical Character||Azo-dyestuff, metal complex|
|Appearance||Black granule /may also be in powder form|
|Solubility||50.0 g/L @ 20C|
|Solubility in water||Soluble at 20°C|
|Storage stability||excellent, in closed original containers|
|Heat Fastness||120° C.|
Concentration, dyeing temperature and time
10 g/l is the required concentration to ensure a jet black external weather resistant colour
|Colour;||Concentration||Dyeing temperature||Dyeing time|
|AnoDye Black MLW||10 g/l is the required concentration; dilute as per instruction, ensure pH is maintained at 4.5 +/- 0.2||40-60 °C||15 – 30 min
- This Black dye dyes very extensively, does strike very fast at elevated temperature..
- Needs an anodic coating thickness of at least 12 um to achieve jet black colour.
- The best dye-bath stability is achieved by :
- warm dyeing (40 – 60 °C)
- a pH between 4.3-4,7
- We can’t stress enough to remove all acid residues clinging to the work and to reduce acid retention in the oxide pore itself. Rinse work pieces thoroughly after anodising. A minimum of two rinses is recommended, with the second rinse at over-flow. The dye-baths are sensitive to sulphate and aluminium; anodised objects should therefore be rinsed thoroughly before dyeing
- Excellent light- and weather fastness properties
- Suitable for outdoor and indoor applications
- Overdyeing by a subsequent electrolytic dyeing process possible
- Designed for many architectural needs