High Temperature Sealant
our AnoDye High Temperature Sealant is a fully blended nickel acetate, specifically formulated to provide a high quality seal for dyed anodized aluminum.
- Compatible with all aluminum dyes, no matter the source.
- Excellent corrosion protection.
- pH regulated
- Contains a smut suppressant
- Also suitable to seal clear anodize, hardcoat and electrolytic colored work.
- Meets current ASTM test methods: B136, B680, B117
- RoHS compliant
- REACH compliant
2. Application instructions
|Seal time||10-25 minutes|
3. Conditions for using
|Sealant Tank||Stainless steel or other acid resistant material that that can withstand a constant operating temperature of 210°F. Separate seal tanks for clear and dyed work.|
|pH adjustments||Lower with acetic acid. Raise with dilute ammonium hydroxide. pH should be checked once per shift with a calibrated meter.|
|Agitation||Mild agitation to maintain a uniform solution temperature if operating on the lower end of the temperature range.|
|Filtration||Field experience has shown that continuous filtration through a 5-35 micron filter is beneficial. Do not use a carbon filter.|
|Sealing time||2-3 minutes per 0.10 mil. oxide coating thickness.|
|Rinsing-before seal||Two rinses, bottom fed at overflow|
|Rinsing-after seal||Final rinse with good quality or deionized water at over flow.|
|Smut suppressant||Dispersant can be added to the bath to delay the onset of seal smut.|
4. Solution makeup
- Fill the tank ¾ full of deionized water.
- Adjust the pH to 5.2-5.5 with acetic acid.
- Add the required amount of AnoDye Sealant and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the tank to its final volume with more deionized water.
- Heat to operating temperature.
- Measure pH again and adjust if necessary.
5. Titration procedure
Reagents: Concentrated ammonium hydroxide (28-30%); Murexide indicator; 0.1 M EDTA Procedure:
1. Take a 25-ml cooled sample of working solution into 400 ml beaker.
2. Add 200-ml of water.
3. Add 10-ml ammonium hydroxide
4. Add a pinch of murexide indicator.
5. Titrate with 0.1 M EDTA until there is a permanent and distinct purple endpoint.
Calculation: g/l of AnoDye Sealant = ml of 0.1 M EDTA x 1.5
6. Product safety
We recommend that the company/operator read and review the Safety Data Sheet for the appropriate health and safety warnings before use.